Eco friendly business cards – the sustainable choice
Business cards are an important way to spread the word about your business. And with many businesses becoming more environmentally aware, what better way to show you’re making sustainable choices than by switching to eco-friendly business cards. But there are many things to consider when choosing sustainable business cards.
Let’s take a look:
Consider the materials
There are many different materials to consider, such as recycled materials, FSC certified, compostable, chlorine-free, recyclable, as well as eco-friendly inks. We’ve taken a look at each in more detail below:
- Recycled materials – reduce the amount of trees that need to be cut down to produce print, cutting down on pollution and wasted.
- FSC certified – provides certification to companies that use sustainable forestry practices, where wood pulp is responsibly sourced to create paper.
- Compostable – materials break down into nutrient-rich materials to help grow new places, reducing waste and helping the environment.
- Chlorine-free – chlorine is used in a lot of regular paper products and is a harmful chemical that pollutes the environment. Choosing chlorine-free products reduces your carbon footprint.
- Recyclable – products that are recyclable will help to reduce waste and keep items out of landfills.
- Eco-friendly inks – are water based or soy based inks that are more eco-conscious than traditional inks.
Biodegradable vs Compostable
Biodegradable materials can be broken down by natural processes, meaning they won’t end up in landfills. However, they can sometimes leave behind residues or harmful toxic components. Whereas compostable materials can be broken down by natural processes and industrial composting facilities to create nutrient-rich soil for gardening.
Tips for sustainable business card printing
When you’re choosing sustainable business cards, it’s important to consider the following. Ask yourself whether you need a custom size business card? Custom sizes can cause a lot of wastage. The weight of the paper will determine how long the card lasts, so quality should not be scrimped for sustainability, as this may well result in additional quantities and therefore the less sustainable choice. The finish of the card needs careful consideration as some finishes are less green than others. And the type of paper chosen can range from recycled to FSC certified to seed paper.
Decide what to put on your card
While the materials used to produce your sustainable business cards is important, it’s also important to ensure you have the right information on your business card too. As without it, a sustainable business card is as good as useless. Your name and company name are a must. As well as contact information including phone number, email address, website. Remember, a business card has two sides so make sure you utilise the space – keep it punchy but keep it relevant.
Greenhouse Graphics – printing responsibly since 1993
If you are looking for an eco-friendly business card printing company in the UK to produce your next sustainable business cards, consider Greenhouse Graphics. We are an award-winning eco-friendly printing company based in Hampshire UK, specialising in design, commercial printing, sustainable business card printing, digital services and signage display systems. We can offer our expertise on eco-friendly business card printing and are widely recognised for our sustainable printing to reduce the carbon footprint.
Our facility hosts a full suite of the latest clean printing technologies and award-winning sustainable innovations, which we continually review and update to offer the most sustainable and efficient choices for lithographic, large format and signage print solutions. Our continued commitment to sustainable development means you can be assured we offer the most cost effective and sustainable choices with outstanding results and quality.